Reverse Engineering / 3D Scanning
- Scans can be used to accelerate product design by capturing complex organic shapes.
- Scans can then be used to create new products, physically compatible parts or even packaging.
- Scans can be used to reverse engineer existing physical samples. The scans can be used to create new molds, casings, and fixtures.
- The scans can go directly to CNC programming software to create rapid prototypes of the old parts.
- CGI artists can create models directly from scanned data and use as a reference to create Sub-D models.
Art & Architecture:
- Scan existing elements from the physical world and incorporate them into your designs.
- From large art installations to fine woodworking and jewelry design the sky is the limit.
- Scan data can be used to increase turn around times in dental, prosthetics, orthopedics, auditory labs.
We will need your existing physical model shipped directly to use. We can give you an estimate base on pictures and dimensions before you ship your model. Once we receive your model we will scan it and send you the electronic files via FTP or email. After you have reviewed scan files and completed the payment process we will ship your model back to you.
Texture Density: 400 DPI on target surface in Macro Mode and 150 DPI in Wide Mode.
Dimensional Accuracy: ±0.005” in Macro Mode and ±0.015” in Wide Mode.
There is no preset size limitation. Larger objects can be composite-captured. The only limitation is what can be shipped to our location.
Scan can be output as mesh file formats: STL, OBJ, VRML, XYZ, U3D, and PLY files. If you have a specific file type need please send a message to email@example.com.
File sizes are 20MB for typical model, based on 10 facet scans.
Back To Top